Monday, September 17, 2007

Elvis Lives

I had given up on films till about a few days back. Apart from an occasional great movie, almost everything that I could find on the LAN or on my hard disk seemed utterly boring. But trying to finish off the IMDb 250 (which is still some movies away) has made me a believer again. And it's got only better with some of the new movies on our LAN.

One such absolutely whacky (I am running out of adjectives) movie is Bubba Ho-tep. It's supposed to be one of those rare cult classics that are hard to find. The plot is, as a reviewer at IMDb said, too weird to be described in words. It might only put you off if I tell you that it's got two old men in an asylum - one is supposed to be Elvis Presley and the other is a black guy who believes he is John F Kennedy - in Texas, fighting an Egyptian mummy trying to feed on human souls. Comedy and Horror make for a potent mix.

1 Comment:

beatzo said...

You should check out the commentary on this one. Both Don Coscarelli and Bruce Campbell go wild!

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro