Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good To Be Bad

You're killing yourself working twelve-hour days, getting fat on cheap take-out food, and your girlfriend is almost certainly fucking other guys.

Just because you've got a plasma screen TV and a big DVD collection doesn't mean you're a free man, motherfucker. You're just a well-paid slave like all other cattle out there.

Even this comic was just a fifteen minute respite from how hard we're working you.

You think the world was always like this, didn't you? The wars, the famine, the terrorism, and the rigged elections.

But now you know better, right? Now you know what happened to the superheroes and you know the funny thing? You know what makes me laugh now I'm on the other side?

You're just going to close this book and buy something else to fill that big, empty void we've created in your life.



4 comments:

conufsed said...

I take that you liked it?
It seemed a bit predictable (but interesting nonetheless) to me.

Captain Subtext said...

Actually I didn't. It's a juicy concept, but very juvenile in treatment. It had the potential to be another Watchmen.

Rashman said...

I got the feeling they miscast the movie- how about Eminem and Halle Berry? :P
The stuff the guy says sounds particularly Eminem-ish

They changed the story beyond recognition anyway!

Captain Subtext said...

Yep, Fox seems to be modeled on Berry. But I don't know about Eminem. I was thinking more in terms of Justin Timberlake or Ryan Phillippe.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro