Monday, January 26, 2009

Skeletons From The Past

I spent almost the entire 3-day weekend at home, watching films and reading. Had a lot of catching up to do, and I am happy I am slightly more up to speed with all the stuff I had been accumulating.

I was watching the 1st season of The Wonder Years, and it somehow made me think of my recent life. I mean, it's been quite a while since I crossed the age group that Kevin Arnold belonged to, but nostalgia is a bitch.

I have been blogging since end-2003. December 3rd, 2003, to be exact. Yep, a little over five years now. I was here to begin with.

Then some shit happened, and I felt like moving here. Well, not exactly at the same url, but the old one has been taken over by some perv. I wrote some crazy stuff at this one. I had way too much time on my hands those days.

I was here for a short while too. I had completely forgotten about it actually.

And, finally, in 2006, I moved here. It's been over 2 years at Blogger now. And I can't predict how long this will last. But, it's been fun.

I am a bit of a narcissist when it comes to my writing. And one of my guilty pleasures is to read stuff I have/had written. And, often, read it out loud. If only I didn't have a job to go to tomorrow morning, I would have spent the night reading all these posts from my past.

But even a casual glance at the last posts made at each of the blogs tells me how things have changed, and how they have remained the same. A lot of stuff that was planned did not happen. A lot of things that looked unbearable once, were minor roadblocks, eventually leading to greater, better things. Some people I knew then have been forgotten. Some have remained close friends all through. And some, whose existence I had no clue of, have become incredibly important.

2 comments:

Atish said...

urs is one of the few blogs i visit almost everyday .. ur increased frequency of posts has helped !
have liked reading most of ur posts tho some have clearly gone over my head :)
and reading ur own posts? i do that ! not never felt like reading out loud :D

Anonymous said...

Me too! Me too! :)
Its been fun reading your blog/blogs.....

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro