Sunday, April 26, 2009

Das Experiment - II

Am discontinuing the Cetirizine experiment. I did take 40 pills, but I ended up waking up around 11 am on Saturday. It's an ineffective medicine, though I did not get a cold despite getting wet in the torrential rainfall that Bangalore experienced Friday evening. I am not generally too sensitive, but getting wet in rain-water is a sure-shot way for me to get a bad cold and cough.

Cetirizine is not as deadly as the common Paracetamol, which I OD'd on a few years back, while home during a vacation from college. Paracetamol induces extreme acidity. I took 10 pills before going to bed at around 10pm and kept puking the whole night. By morning I couldn't even crawl from the bathroom to my bed and was puking blood. I had to bear lying down through 4 bottles of intravenous saline solution. And a very painful tube inserted through my mouth and my digestive canal into my stomach, to check if the bleeding was not from a serious wound.

It's almost like getting raped.

Since then, I do some basic research before OD-ing on medicine. If you swallow a lot of these anti-cold medicines by the way with alcohol, they give you a very long-lasting high. I am still not over the drowsiness induced by taking in 40 pills of Cetirizine along with good ol' Kingfisher Strong.

I haven't yet tried eating Iodex with bread. It's one of the more commonly known ways of getting a high. I tried doing it a few years back, but the smell was too over-powering for me to actually eat it.

4 comments:

Wanderer said...

if you can get the prescription, please try Adderall, and do let me know the results

Captain Subtext said...

Ha! That's an anti-depressant AND is also used against obesity. Why would I want try something that might just do me some good. Really!

geetika said...

Paracetamol/acetaminophen is actually really toxic. One can see, ie, test for and observe evidence of cellular damage in the blood 30 minutes after taking it. And cetirizine is an allergy drug, why have you been taking it for cold?!
You're crazy. I am just nerdy, but you are crazy!

Captain Subtext said...

There must be something wrong with the medical courses in our country if so many doctors prescribe Cetirizine for cold! I never trusted them fools anyway.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro