Saturday, October 11, 2008

Living

Hi Stranger!

Life's moving too fast for me to bother making posts. Have left several posts unfinished because I found them too pointless.

Work's been real fun lately. For a long time I had been apprehensive whether what I am doing now is what I would want to be doing for the rest of my life. The question remains unanswered, but I do feel that doing this for the rest of my life would be a pretty decent thing.

Having a full-time person to take care of food and other household things has also helped me concentrate on work a lot better, and rid me of the guilty feeling I used to have earlier of not working enough for the money these guys were paying me.

And time outside work has been taken up by reading some great books and watching some amazing movies. A recent visit to National Market and a recent purchase of a Rapidshare premium account have ensured that there are always more movies available than I have the time to watch. I am almost averaging one movie per day now, which means I am back to sleeping 5-6 hours a day, which is not as unhealthy as the health experts would make one believe. I survived B-school on less than that.

After a lot of scouring I came across this site a few days back that has the most amazing collection of movies available on it. A good part of it consists of foreign movies and I have been just going orgasmic marveling the potential it offers.

I saw Mishima: A Life in 4 Chapters today. I have been in awe of Paul Schrader ever since I read about a year back that he had written Taxi Driver and contributed on the screenplays of some other Scorsese films. And I have been quite intrigued by Yukio Mishima ever since I read about him over three years back. This is one of the most well-made biographies I have seen, which incorporates an author's life and some of his most famous literary works in a very subtle manner.

One of the movies I saw a few days back is this film called Porky's, which is the highest grossing movie of all time in Canada. What got me interested is that it is supposed to be the precursor to all the American Pie type sex-comedies we see Hollywood churning out with disturbing regularity now. I actually like most of these movies. Porky's is fine, but not great enough to be a top-grosser. I would take American Pie any day. So, this brings my respect for Canadians even lower, which was pretty low to begin with considering their depiction in American pop culture, and the fact that they take in Surds in such large numbers.

The other movies from the ones I have seen recently that I would recommend are - In Bruges, My Beautiful Laundrette and Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro