Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tweety Bird

I joined Twitter a few weeks back. Like a lot of things that I join and then lose interest in, I haven't gone back to the site again, at least no more than twice maybe. And certainly haven't made any posts. Or is the right term 'tweets'?

Actually, for some reason it does not take messages from my phone. Now I don't have the patience or the interest to figure out if it's a problem with my net connection, my phone connection, my connection or anything else. Just now I realized that I don't even know for sure if it is meant to take messages from my phone.

But, still, people seem to keep deciding to follow me on Twitter. Unless it's that fan thing on Orkut, or the equally dumb Recommendation thing on LinkedIn (the only two networking sites I whole-heartedly support - I find Facebook too confusing), where it's expected to be quid pro quo, I don't understand why people do that.

Of course no one loses anything on adding one more name to the list of people you follow, but it does give my ego a fairly respectable boost, which could be the secret of my energy, when I see yet another new person starting to follow me on Twitter. And like the many good people who keep sending friend invites on Facebook, I don't know a fair number of the people following me on Twitter either.

No offence meant to people who did add me on Twitter of course. I am sure they are all very nice. And busy.

5 comments:

Phoenix said...

Two cents of info: A number of 'people' following you who you do not know are probably bots and mass-spam generating fakes. It's the norm on Twitter, but as long as you are not following them, you're not getting any crap from them in their feed, and hence it doesn't matter much.
So, it's NOT quid pro quo.

Realistic me... said...

Laaalalalalalaahhh.... :P

Anonymous said...

But captain, where be the tweets for those who do?
-G

Captain Subtext said...

[Phoenix] But that's worth just one cent!

[Realistic me] I am sorry but I am a little behind on the kind of noises ladies make these days. I hope you are not calling me Lala!

[G] Who do what? I still can't get my phone to like my Twitter account in any case.

geetika said...

follow you on twitter - and a phone isn't the only way to go, if you really do want to use it. I do use it - although I still can't distinguish b/w the use of facebook/orkut statuses, gtalk statuses and tweets.
-G (that was me)

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro