Monday, May 24, 2010

Friends

This must be the official pushing-away-friends week.

I very often feel that I am multiple people living within me. At least two different people. And the more stupid one, the one who is probably writing this, is the more dominant one.

I told a friend, whom I always want to meet and love immensely, that I was in Bangalore over the weekend. Even though I was whiling away time on a rare free weekend in Mumbai.

I haven't replied to this girl I knew in school, who was a close friend, and whose name I have been googling for ages to get a clue on where she was, and who finally mailed me this week. The last time I corresponded with her was in 2000. Because I am not sure I want to show her who I am now.

Have been avoiding talking to a close friend from engineering because I just don't know what to talk about.

And I have been trying to pick up fights deliberately with the friend I value the most.

And I can't control any of it. I really can't.

Maybe this is an apology.

But, we are like this wonly.

4 comments:

Reema Sahay said...

Hmmm ok. Anyways, it is alright. We don't always need to do what is expected. It is a choice we make!

Captain Subtext said...

Congrats! You have won the prize for writing a comment that most resembles a bot.

Reema Sahay said...

Ok. So here’s another one: I stayed away from saying something specific because I had spent some time convincing a friend how there could be hundred reasons for not replying!

Geetika said...

Ha! It's almost cute how you're trying to be all nonchalant about the very obvious emo-ness dripping from this post. Almost.

I always find it easier to argue/fight with those who're close, coz they *get* it, and don't get hurt at the drop of a hat, and despite the arguments, I know they won't give up on me.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro