Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mani Order

I had met Mani Ratnam during his visit to our campus at IIMC a couple of years back, and have been in touch with his team ever since. Got a chance to see his newest release today. Helped by a special invite, you might want to know, to an exclusive premiere.

Raavan has to be the most quixotic film Mani sir has ever made. I am known to be biased against Amitabh Bachchan's son and daughter-in-law, neither of whom can act to save their lives, but who manage somehow.

Till now at least.

Abhishek Bachchan outdoes himself in the film. In overacting. If Mani sir hadn't been sitting beside me I would have probably walked out 1/3rd into the film. It's an insult seeing Abhishek Bachchan get another chance to come on the screen. He is just too bad.

The rest of the film, including the regularly idiotic Aishwarya Rai, is a lot more bearable. Now I know why she would want to act with her husband in films. It just hides her inadequate talents.

Sushmita Sen must burn so much (partly responsible for her tan) every time she sees Ash hamming through another role, and bagging all decent roles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arnav sir,

Everyone knows that your reviews can make or break a film.
Please delete this review and write one praising my movie.

Thanks and regards,
Mani Ratnam

PS: Vikram's happy he has escaped your withering criticism

Captain Subtext said...

Dear Mani Sir,

Thanks for acknowledging the power my words wield. But, in the spirit of the highest standards of film criticism set by people like Nikhat Kazmi and Taran Adarsh, I find myself incapable of taking back my words.

I remain your fan despite the film.

And please convey my regards to Vikram. I, unfortunately, could not see him at the premiere function (he is too short).

Regards,
Arnav

Anonymous said...

&@#!$#@&%@#$$$#@!

My next movie will be 'Arnava' (anagram of Raavan, smart eh ?). I will get Kanti Shah to direct it and Anupam Kher to star in it.

Thanks and regards,
Mani Saar

PS: Vikram's mood has changed drastically

Captain Subtext said...

Please sir, would request you to not leave direction. Raavan is just a bad phase that began with Guru and will hopefully not last long.

In any case, if you do decide to accord the credit due to a director of the caliber of Kanti Sir, please remember to sign on an actress more well endowed than Aishwarya Rai. Khushboo might fit the bill, if not the costumes, if she is not contesting an election.

With Regards,
Arnav

Anonymous said...

anyways you have a bad habit of cribbing about everything in this world.....

Geetika said...

Such a show-off.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro