Sunday, April 27, 2008

DVDs, internet and food

So I did go to National Market. It's a more refined version of Palika Bazaar in Delhi. I bought 9 DVDs. Which is a sign that my pledge that I'll exercise restraint is already weakening. Anyway, the place is cool enough to stock Cannibal Holocaust. I am hoping that between my Tata Sky connection and Airtel Broadband I won't feel the need to go there too often. Or my hard-earned money is going to evaporate a bit too fast. Thanks to the friend who took me there, or I would have been completely lost otherwise.

Have suddenly realized that I am the most social guy in my immediate friend circle. Which, if you know even a little about me, is really surprising. Most people I know in Bangalore have been working here for 1 or 2 years without finding out if there are others that they know of from college. I am making connections right now between people living in Namma Bengaluru.

Living alone has its advantages as well as its disadvantages. I get really bored at times. But, at the same time, I have fantastic privacy. Something that living in hostels for a long long time you'd come to miss terribly. The feeling that you can do anything - ANYTHING - without anyone giving a damn is very nice. And depressing at the same time.

Setting up a home, as I think I had mentioned earlier, is a painful task. I went to buy furniture yesterday at the place where most furniture shops are (Shivaji Nagar). And got thoroughly confused. My parents will have to buy stuff for me now.

My Airtel broadband connection should be active in 2-3 days. Unless they find some discrepancy between the photo I have submitted, from two years back, and the way I look now. I am quite impressed by their service till now and I hope the honeymoon continues.

My biggest concern right now is food. I can't survive too long on sausages and salamis and sandwiches. I need to find some permanent solution. It was easier in Singapore because there were lots of Indian options at the hawker centres. And the dollar prices sort of didn't pinch as bad as the INR ones do.

And, to finish off, Central Station is an amazing movie. I had copied this film on to my external hard disk almost two years back, during my trip to Delhi (how time has flown). There are several films from that trip that still remain unseen. I have seen just about one movie in the last one month, and I am really enjoying watching this film.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro