Monday, April 21, 2008

Job, college and curd-rice

My posts from now on are going to be probably a lot like the way they were a year back during internship. Well, my life is also a lot like it was a year back. Hectic weekdays, reading or watching TV after coming home, sleeping early, waking up early. Weekends meant for moving around. Of course, now it would last much longer than two months.

I really do miss college life though. Especially the last few months at IIM Calcutta. I don't think I have had more fun over an extended period the way I did there. When I was leaving the campus, the feeling that I would never ever lead a life that carefree again was eating away at me. But I met some batchmates at a Bangalore pub last weekend, and it was almost like Joka again. Almost.

In other news, I am rediscovering the divinity of curd-rice and mango pickle. I made fun of some of my friends from the South more than once in Calcutta for being fanatic about curd rice. But now I know why. There are very few things that give more pleasure to the palate and the stomach than nicely prepared curd rice, served with some mango pickle.

4 comments:

Atish said...

welcome to namma bengaluru. what brings u here?

Phoenix said...

Curd-rice :D :D
Simple living, high thinking types? Alas, what jobs and grown up things like those do to people...

Captain Subtext said...

[atish] I suppose you already know the answer now

[phoenix] Not sure about High Thinking. Living to hamesha se hi Simple thi.

Jade said...

There are very few things that give more pleasure to the palate and the stomach than nicely prepared curd rice

Amen to that. I love how curd rice slides down so smoothly and you can have entire bowlfuls of it at a time.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro