Saturday, April 26, 2008

Past perfect

You sort of reach the jugular vein of a city once you figure out where one can pick up women for a night. I know where now in case of Bangalore. Not that I am going to exercise the option anytime soon. Partly because I still don't have a car, and I have a feeling the system does not work well when you are travelling in an auto.

Met a junior/friend from IITD today. Was nice catching up on news from a place that has gradually lost importance over the last two years. People I had not thought of since the summer of 2006 were talked about over two pitchers of beer at Pecos. While passing out, or actually while sitting for placements, I had thought of how much fun it would be coming back to the campus to recruit people. The firm I am working at right now is not likely to recruit from undergrad for some time at least, so will have to contend with going for interviews at IIMC only. It's a weird feeling. These places - your school, your undergrad college, your postgrad college, the place you stayed alone at during your internship - they become parts of your life that would hold a special place no matter how long you live. Unless you get a bout of amnesia or suffer from Alzheimer's of course.

I didn't expect to end that paragraph like that.

I also made a trip to that management institute at Bangalore yesterday. I can't recollect what it is called.

Well, honestly speaking, the campus is much much better than IIMC's. I would have loved staying there, I think. But then, I suppose what makes a college great/fun is the people and not the faciltiies. On that scale we should rank pretty much the same.

Man, it's not a great feeling missing your undergrad as well as your postgrad college so badly at the same time. It's a great feeling though knowing that you are part of two of the most successful and, hence, envied 'fraternities' of the country.

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

Life, the good parts and the bad ones, are not that hard to forget. You should get that car soon though.

Robert Frust said...

Globe, Phoenix :).

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro