Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Home Alone

All settled at home now. After the fast net connection at Kolkata, dial-up at home is a bit painful to surf the net with. The LAN connection in Delhi used to be slow enough for me to not feel much of a difference when visiting home.

During the drive home with my parents I had thought of several topics to write about, including one about how vastly different middle-class India's living standards seem to be now from when I was a kid in the 80s. Then there was one about, of all things, cricket. Probably my first ever post on sports. But, that'll come later. Am just trying this out to see if blogger can be accessed without too many hassles with this net speed.

Actually, slow net speed might be the right net speed for a place like this. If I was able to finish off all my work on the net in a few minutes, I won't be left with anything to do at all. It's difficult to imagine how my parents while away time here. 'Here' is a place in Jharkhand, where the colony is even smaller than most colonies my parents have been posted at earlier. And I have got used to being short of time perpetually, which makes all this free time slightly difficult to adjust to. I am going to get bored very soon of movies, books, and TV. Delhi visit would be much needed by the time it materialises.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro