Monday, March 12, 2007

One Down. One To Go.

Year.

Was away at NIT-Durgapur for their quiz-fest. Did pretty well considering we were short of one important team member. Durgapur, the town, and the cab-trip back to Kolkata, have made my respect for the communist government go up several notches. Never again am I going to make irresponsible statements about lack of development outside Kolkata in the state. And the college is fairly nice too.

Placements have begun. Reached the campus earlier tonight just before all final offers for the first two days were released. I am not sure if too many people here, or outside, including most of my friends, agree with my views on placements, but it's still fun joining everyone in the hoopla and congratulating seniors who are getting what they want. Or at least believe that they do.

The media coverage of the whole thing has reached crazy proportions. Just take a look at Economic Times editions of 10th and 11th. Good for the campus. Great job by the people responsible for these coverages (and I have played a SMALL role too). But it's still funny.

For the next few days I'll do my part for the system, smiling and working my ass off for uptight recruiters. Hoping that the momentum continues and I am at a great party a few nights hence.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Or at least believe that they do.
~Pretty much the crux, innit?

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro