Wednesday, March 7, 2007

In which we try to maaro some fundas

Now that I am posting on this blog a lot more frequently, my interest in what others are up to in blogdom has also upped a bit. Have come across some very nice blogs - personal ones, as I am not a big fan of most general blogs - that talk about things that I think a lot about but never get down to writing about. And these blogs do a better job of it than I probably will anyway.

In a galaxy far far away, when I was still on my first blog, I used to write of these things. There were things that I used to feel stongly about. I used to talk to myself a lot and then put them down to typed words in a post. Then, shit happened. I started writing about movies and books as an escape from all of it. But that was still fine. There's a lot of other crazy stuff that I wrote that I feel weird reading now whenever I go back to my second blog.

My first blog is still there. The original url of my second blog, on the other hand, has been taken over by someone who seems even crazier than its previous owner.

So, today I read this entry on a blog that delineates the criteria for the author to respect people. The usual stuff like will-power and other very virtuous qualities. That got me thinking. I have this theory that you can't like/love/care about a person unless you respect him/her. And if that respect is contingent on certain qualities that you would want to possess yourself, then it's unfair to both you and that person. We, very often, don't realize that a person might not have certain qualities out of choice, and not mere chance.

I am sure I had a proper analysis of this in my mind, but it's got lost somewhere now amidst theories of India's position in the RTA regime and the effect of WTO policies on LDCs.

If you are going to be cheeky and comment that I am better off writing about movies, you don't need to. I already know that.

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

I *think* I know what you mean, so I'd say you're better off writing such posts only. Maybe then you'd also know what you mean surer.

Captain Subtext said...

Do you now?

The Priestess said...

I was qute certain that you had stopped visiting when i wrote that. but, glad to know you were elated to read it. you definitely are one of the reasons for the choice,

i see i have a lot of reading to catch up on. hmmm.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro