Saturday, May 17, 2008

Apeksha, Upeksha

There was a serial called Upanyaas from about 15 years back that had a statement which talked about the two. I don't remember clearly but I think it starred Uttara Baokar, Parikshit Sahni and Surekha Sikri. Can be wrong on all three counts though. But I am sure about the statement. I had marvelled at its beauty even then. The more you have of the former, the more you have of the latter. I don't know why this thought came to me now.

Weekends are rather boring and if I got to sleep late on weekdays I wouldn't mind doing away with weekends altogether. There's only so much of reading and TV watching one can do. And about the only thing worth watching on TV right now is the IPL. I am, as will a good part of India, going to miss it once it gets over and Rajasthan Royals take home the trophy. I have lived at so many places in the last few years that apart from Chennai Super Kings, Kings XI Punjab and Deccan Chargers I can root for any of the other teams.

Indian ads are getting really dumb. The only recent one that I really like is the Vodafone one. I saw the entire thing for the first time today. I think I am falling in love with that dog.

Two other ads that aren't exactly great, but I still find them funny are the Havell's Bijli ad and Crabtree's ads, especially the one with the bride, who switches between crying and being cheerful.

Most plans for the weekend have gone kaput. Mahaquizzer is being organized tomorrow, but without company I don't feel enthusiastic enough to go and participate in a written quiz.

1 Comment:

Phoenix said...

Great expectations...nice line, well said.

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro