Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fully furnished

My place is completely furnished now. Or at least as furnished as I want it to be for some time. It's also got a bit crowded. I had grown used to living a life with minimal comforts - only a refrigerator, a TV, a geyser, a rice cooker and a couple of laptops. Three laptops actually.

My parents are visiting for a few days. Which would account for the sudden appearance of furniture and other stuff at my flat. They spent the entire weekens shopping for stuff I didn't even realize a house needed. They are liking Bangalore too, though I wish they would experiment more with food so that I could take them to some nice places.

Took them to MTR on Sunday. Had the foresight to book the previous day and we didn't have to wait to get a table. The crowd is unbelievable and it was nice walking past everyone waiting in a line for over an hour smirking at their lack of foresight. The food is worth all the trouble though. Extremely rich and very delicious. One place you should not miss if you visit Bangalore.

Right now I am having lunch at office while my parents are sight-seeing in the city. I wish I could bunk office as easily as I could bunk classes. And yeah, I know I can take a day off, but sight-seeing is not the best reason to take a day off from a job I have been at for just about a month.

The coming weekend should be quite busy with a few interesting things planned up. Though the fact that my best friend who's sitting at home doing nothing of consequence not very far from Bangalore is not coming for the weekend dampens things a bit. Without company I might just decide to spend the entire weekend home.

7 comments:

Phoenix said...

Question, would it be a better idea for someone who's trying to furnish a house to buy all the stuff needed at EMIs at the outset, or to buy the essential ones first and add on??

Captain Subtext said...

I don't think it makes much of a difference. Depends on what one's comfort level with EMIs is (I hate them, prefer one-time payments, wherever possible) or how essential the initial few items are.

Pooja said...

one of the reasons i want to visit Bangalore - MTR
:)

Captain Subtext said...

And what would the other reasons be? :D
New here?

Anonymous said...

You sound like a real person again!
:)
Bangalore sounds like fun, too.

Captain Subtext said...

Hi! Long time! That's a rather cryptic statement. The first one. The 2nd one is 100% true. Come over some time. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't not. Not when I am busy exploring the depths of San Francisco/sundry hiking places nearby.
Or maybe, just dying slow deaths working in lab.
:P

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro