Friday, May 9, 2008

Things look farther than they are...

I was starting to write another post about the pubs I went to since my last post, stuff I bought, or saw, or cooked, but I read this post at Atish's blog that talks about a rear-view mirror to look back at one's life, and I think I did just that.

Exactly a month since I left home. Left it one more time. My life's been quite a roller-coaster, at least for someone who loves being at one place so much, and the last one month has been another one like that. At every point in my life when I am about to leave one comfortable environment and move into a new one, I have been scared like hell. Groped for something to hold time still. Have learnt that it never works. You only end up holding yourself back while everyone else moves on. So, I do get scared now, but maybe less so. And of course, there are some dear friends, who always help me out.

It is quite staggering to look back at every point one has been through. Places I have spent important moments at, and which will never be visited again. People those moments were spent with, and who will never be met again. I have often thought about people who spend their entire lives at one place, with the same set of people, almost like an automaton. Would life be better that way?

Moving on is not always that great because you probably get no where ahead and keep getting far from things you left behind.

Things were not helped by the second blog-post I read for the day - at The Delhi Walla blog. It's by this Pakistani author, who writes about old Delhi. I have lived at one very interesting city for two years, am living in another now. But, Delhi was like the proverbial first love. I don't think I would even want to settle down in Delhi, or stay in for a long time, but I'll always keep coming back there.

And yeah, fun at work, good food, books and everything else that makes the present worth being in continue.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro