Friday, May 30, 2008

Singing Out of Tune

All thoughts about making posts here come when I am supposed to be working. The fact that my work these few days almost completely consists of preparing a sector report does not help. It's not as interesting as finding firms to invest in, pitching to, and for, them, which I had been doing till now.

Anyway, I read a couple of blog-posts during lunch, which were pretty interesting. One was a post by a blogger who's a regular here, but whose posts I don't get time to read regularly. The post itself was interesting, but the comments equally so. We all - I, that blogger, people who read these posts, all of us - are so alike in so many ways. It's a depressing thought.

The other post was by a friend, who I suppose drops by once in a while. It brought back this thought I had a few months back -

Even though I am not particularly verbal, or verbose, about my thoughts and feelings (unlike the impression that this blog might give), there are some friends whom I get a little too expressive with. I sort of misuse their friendship and patience by saying stuff I would not to anyone normally. Very often after a few pints of beer. There have been times, with a very small number of friends, where I have said too much, almost without any restraint. And this candidness hasn't been reciprocated in equal measure.
And I have felt cheated. And I have accused them of not being 'good' friends. Accused them of not feeling enough. Of being selfish. A lot more.

But a few months back, talking to one such friend, who had seen me through such bouts of madness, I realized that it's me who is selfish on these occasions. My friends do feel. Think. Analyze. But don't necessarily say it out loud. Or even put down into long long mails, which I am notorious for. It's actually more diffcult to feel something strongly and not take the easy way out of shooting off a long mail or using some strong words under the pretense of being drunk. And a lot more mature as well. My friends are amazing people.

They would not be my friends otherwise.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro